13 July 2006

July 9, 1:00 pm, Charlottesville, VA

Cville is a nice town. Civilized and bustly, yet right on the razor's edge of rurality.

However, whoever layed this place out can chomp my butt. The streets are dumb, or confusing, or both. There is both a Second Street, and a 2nd Street. And the bike shop is on one of them, and Ddogg's phone is in the bike shop, and Ddogg lost his walkie-talkie, and I lost Ddogg.

Sigh.

Anyway, I found him. And lost him many more times since then. Dave says to go to the Best Buy - go up Emmett until I find the mall.

There are at least 9 malls in a row! I check out the first two, to see if there's a Best Buy. Bupkis. I drive up Emmett, hoping to find a sign for Best Buy (turns out that it is cleverly hidden by trees and a bridge). No go.

So I call Ddogg, and he says that he's in the mall at Emmett and 29. So I'll hang a u-ey, head back down Emmett, and go to the mall at 29.

But somehow, for some god-forsaken reason, I am ON 29! Without turning. Then, when I finally do find the Best Buy, I hang a right to get into the parking lot. Except that it is actually a well-disguised highway on-ramp!

Arrgh!

No comments: