11 July 2006

July 4, 8:30 pm

Still light out. No fireworks, but many firecrackers. Ddogg left for the hospital, after digging into his head throughout dinner.

I am sitting here by my lonesome, not smoking. Dammit.

Lost my sunglasses today, sometime after chatting it up with a really really cute blond at a gas station near Quantico. She went to Upenn. And I realized just now [editor's note - just now when writing, not when typing] that I didn't go "Heck, I worked there, fer crying out loud!"

I can't say for sure that we had chemistry, but let's just say that by the end of our chat she looked cold, but it wasn't cold out (105 degrees, with the heat index). If that's not too vague.

She was lost and I was lost, right near the George Bush Intelligence Center. (there's a scathing politico-rock song there somewhere). I'm wearing a pink-on-black Swarthmore Women's Rugby t-shirt and shortish-shorts, and unshaven and sweaty, and I'm pretty sure I smelled bad. Also, the sweat made my sunscreen turn white, so I was covered in a filmy-yeasty-Gollum slime.

But I think we had chemistry.

Why did everybody ask me for directions today? Don't I look absolutely lost? I feel it.

No comments: