25 July 2006

July 17, 12:33pm, Haysi, VA

1) I'm stopped next a market, becuase boy am I hot. I just spoke with a fellow who is interested in buying a scooter. He is named Mr. F___, real first name Pridemore, but goes by Cletus (understandably).

His grandfather bestowed the name Pridemore on him, in honor of a local law enforecement officer from way back in the day (late 1920s or so). The local law had a bit of a feud with a federal agent. Seems the two of them had bad blood, all because of a woman. So they shot eachother to death in front of the local courthouse.

Mr. F____ was thinking about getting a Suzuki, but the Suzuki people told him $4000. After visiting with yours truly, he may get a Ruckus.

2) Also, when the pioneers traveled across our great country in their horse-drawn wagons, what did they do to slow their descent when they went downhill? We have had some wicked downhills. Did wagons have brakes? What kind of brakes? I want to ask Ddogg, but I'm afraid he'll just fix me with that look.

7/16 Elk County Methodist Church (no bugs!) -> 9.5 hrs, 03105.2

No comments: