25 July 2006

July 18, didn't record the time, Pike County, KY

1) Sweetness and light! We made it out of Virginia!! And it only took two weeks.

Now, I'm sitting on the border of Pike County, where either the Hatfields or the McCoys lived. Can somebody look up a little H & McC history for me? I have heard two versions of how the feud started - either one group shot a member of the other group during the Civil War, or somebody stole somebody's pig (or maybe shot the pig - maybe during the Civil War?). Much appreciated.

Also appreciated will be creative stories, wherein a pig in a Union suit shoots a member of the Hatfields. bonus points for using the phrase, "Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a sniper!"

2) Bad night's sleep last night. Bad dreams and rocky ground. My neck is killing me, and the ginormous helmet strapped to my noggin isn't helping matters, not at all.

No comments: