25 July 2006

July 19, 6:54 am, Pippa Pass, KY

Near Mary Lloyd College.

It is too early for my kind to be driving, gargantutron helmet or no. I pulled into a Texaco and got a large coffee. And for gas station coffee, it sure is delicious. Then again, all coffee is delicious before 7 am. Groan.

You know how I know I'm in the mountains? Because it's so damned foggy that I can't see any mountains.

So here's the lyrics to a song in my head since like at least Ephrata:

Oh, I like my lady like Pol Pot liked to garden.
In the Killing fields
of the Khmer Rouge
even a soft heart has to harden.

See the headless crowd standing underground,
like carrots.
Disembodies heads gathered into beds,
like cabbage.

Well, I like my lady like leather likes to cure.
And my lady likes me
like the birds on the sea love a shipwreck.

No comments: