11 July 2006

July 4, 7:30 pm

make the following fly past your mind's eye like the Star Wars opening titles:

THE BUG INSIDE DDOGG's EAR
"Something crawled up there and died." -Ddogg

We woke up today on the lawn of a Methodist Church. Well, 'lawn' is a strong word. Let's say 'graveyard'. Sleeping on church property has been very nice, and we have had no vengeful-God-wrath so far.

Did a lotta riding, and then even more riding on this day of Independence. Sometimes I doubled back, and rode the same boring turf over. To break up the monotony, I drove on the George Washington Memorial Parkway, which terrifies me and made me scream.

I lost my sunglasses but talked to a really cute lady for a while.

So then we got to Tommy's house (Tommy being Ddogg's earliest friend). We had just enough time to shower under the Elmo sprinkler before a massive thunderstorm broke out.

And I mean MASSIVE. Thunder-booming and lightning-crackling (actual le-sizzles - not thunder) and oh my crap. This storm was George-Washington-Memorial-Parkway-esque in its and menace, and in its capacity to terrify me.

I got used to the storm pretty quickly, though. I think my disappointment distracted me. I was certain that this thunderstorm meant no 4th Fireworks.

However, my disappointment now turns to apprehension, because I find out that Ddogg has a LIVING MOVING BUG INSIDE HIS EAR! From sleeping in a graveyard.

7/3 Mt. Zion Methodist Church -> 8 hrs

5 comments:

eve said...

Oh man where are you & what kind of bug? Make up a really good bug.

3way said...

We are in Lexington, VA.

Ddogg says chigger or tick - I say tick or baby cockroach. I'm the only one who saw it alive, and this is my plog, so I say that it was a blood-engorged tick.

anna said...

GW pkwy = pretty

anna said...

love the sleeping locations + times. keep that up!!

3way said...

GW pkwy = pretty

like

inside-out kittens in your bed = cute