31 July 2006

July 21, 4:22 pm, Berea, KY

I am having a lunch of tacos and tortillas @ El Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant. Mmmmmmme gusto! Two, count' em, TWO kinds of hot sauce, red and green. It's like Christmas morning in my mouth.

The waitress asked me if I would like anything to drink, and I said, "Water, please." I got a blank look in return. "Oh, um, wah-terr, please." Gritos y exclamaciones, and I got my wah-terr.

Wow, seriously, this is some good grub. Who knew one could get good Mexican food in Kentucky? Three chicken tacos for $3!

I guess, of all the cities in KY that I've seen so far, it figures that Berea would be the city with good Mexican cuisine. Berea reminds me of Santa Fe, except with no adobe in sight. A lot of local artists, though, displaying their wares.

The artists sell something called "Hot Flash Beads". I thought maybe I'd get some for my Mom, but I figure that that is treading into verrry uncertain territory. If she's not menopausal, it's a mite insulting. If she is, she might be moody anyway, and be all like, "And why do you assume that I'm going through The Change? Answer me! Answer me!! Why is it so hot in here?" and then fly into a conniption.

Where was I? Oh yeah, if you do come to Kentucky, be sure to stop by Berea.

(p.s.- I am allowed to make menopause jokes about my Mom, because my hairline is receding. Thanks again for the good genes, mother of mine!)

7/20 Booneville Presbyterian Church, Booneville, KY -> 9 hrs, 03356.1

No comments: