14 July 2006

July 10, 10:47am, Afton, VA

also, what is Rat Cheese? Yesterday, I passed a store that was selling it. It can't be the obvious, can it?

More on the Cookie Lady's house:

The bike house reminds me of a house I would imagine while somebody reads 4-year-old-me a bedtime story. Tom Bombadil has got NOTHING on the Cookie Lady. This is indeed a house out of a faerie tale.

(No, though, it's not made of cookies. Although if you wanted to lure yrs truly to an untimely Grimm oven-death, building a chocolate-chip-cookie house would be the way to go about it.)

One of the things hung up on the wall is a handmade sign. There are two socks, one covered in blood, tacked to the sign. The sign reads, "Damn brakes! 9/29/84 Lou".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. You are my hero right now. The whole eating red reck jicama and eggs for pennys a day whilst seeing the US of A makes me look quite the sucker for going to work everyday. I really mean that. When do the stories of rad road trim start poring in? Cheers,
Jules

bitch. redefined. said...

would that chocolate chip cookie house happen to be one of lisa's cookies??? yeah, i'd follow a plate of those cookies to hell myself...

have fun on the trip. (and try not to get a fcukin' blood clot :)

www.carleenmichalski.blogspot.com

anna said...

SO CUTE