25 July 2006

July 18, 8:20 pm, Ashcamp?, KY

Well well. Kentucky certainly is its own state (commonwealth? how many damn commonwealths (commonwealthes?) are there?).

Nowhere else have I seen baloney salad (like chicken salad, except pink). Milk comes in yellow containers, not clear, so it looks like a gallon of margarine. And man alive are the sides of the road dirty! Kentucky makes Virginia look clean enough to eat off of.

No crap - In 1/10th of a mile, I counted 97 separate pieces of litter. Which is both disgusting and uncanny.

This is the second time in a week that compulsive counting has totaled 97. Sigh. Now I must start counting the number of times my counting yields 97.

so far, 2. I'll keep y'all posted.

And no smoking today, at all! Bully for me!

7/17 The Breaks Interstate Park, at the border of VA and KY ->9 hrs, 03150.4

2 comments:

Aaron Weber said...

There are 4 commonwealths, according to Wikipedia: MA, VA, KY, and PA. I have lived in three of them.

3way said...

mr. weber-

sweet! And so, my journey across the United States has actually so far only been through the commonwealths (and whatever in blazes DC is (a district, I suppose)).

-jabber