20 July 2006

July 11, 1:46 pm, still around Lexington-ish area

I'm enjoying a local libation called Cheerwine.

It's apparently been the original cheerwine since 1917. I am also told (by the label) that "It's Good Taste!" Tastes like the color red should.

I just got a call from Kate Brennan, who is IN CHARLOTTESVILLE! Aargh. I am very bad at keeping in touch.

Virginia is the land of personalized license plates. It is wild, how many there are. I've counted 1 out of 7, 1 out of 5, 2 out of 7, two out of 15, and 3 out of 10. And I'm being as unbiased as possible. Like, I'm not seeing one and then counting. I am picking a parking lot, and then observing how many personalized plates there are, and how many plates in toto.

I cannot figure out why Ddogg is so cross with me. Why is he so cross? We're not talking about regular crankiness, here, either. He gets exasperated if I ask any questions.

Ddogg: (on the Blue Ridge Parkway). You have to get onto the Blue Ridge parkway. There's a bridge at the entrance.

Me: (stopped, waiting next to a bridge) Is that a stone bridge?

Ddogg: I don't KNOW! Just get up here!

Me: grumble grumble snarf grouch

7/10 - out back of Gertie's country Store, Vesuvius, VA -> 6 hrs, 02743.8

No comments: