21 July 2006

July 12, 12:41 pm, outside of Buchanan, VA

Erm, I don't know if I passed Ddogg yet or not. I'm now waiting outside of the Mill Creek Baptist Cemetery. And I just ate a cheeseburger. Boy, do I missa the meat-a.

I wonder when we will ever get out of Virginia. We have been in Virginia for soooo long. Can one state (commonwealth) really be this big?

We stayed at the KOA Campground last night, which was a bit shady. I didn't fear for my person, or anything dramatic like that. But it did strike me as a bad place to raise the kids. My joke is that I wonder if KOA stands for Killed On A.

There were more mosquitos there than at every other stop, added up. My Off worked for about 20 minutes tops, just long enough for the bugs to have a drink, get to know one another, eat some dinner rolls, and maybe catch a smoke.

also, if someone has a bug on them, is it not right and proper to say, "Don't move," and then smack them? This is the way I was raised. Ddogg takes exception to this. But he had 4 (count 'em, 4) mosquitos on his forehead! No singing, no slapping bugs off Ddogg. I'm learning.

We finally did laundry and swam in a pool! Huzzah.

I have the sissiest city feet. Walking on point gravel hurt (sure, of course), but so did walking on KOA's pointy grass. Booo!

Lastly, did more license plate checks. 3 personalized out of 12 total. All cars in the Mill Creek parking lot. Then, 7 out of 74 cars that passed by.

2 comments:

yasser said...

maybe you should take a break from Virginia and travel...

3way said...

well, not to ruin anything, but we eventually make it to Kentucky. I'm in beautiful and arty Berea, KY as I type this.