25 July 2006

July 16, 1:53 pm, in Virginia, STILL

1) Yesterday, Ddogg said that there were tons of snakes about. All I saw were five sticks and one long-ish piece of rope. Today I saw my first snake, a big black one! All right!

2) I am in love with a woman whom I have only heard. And I quote: "In high school, her father told her that she should probably not attempt to sing--or even speak--professionally, as it was 'a nuisance to others.'" My kind of woman!

and she's coming to philly (although I'll probably be in like Colorado somewhere.

anyamarina.com

3) 2 questions

a) What the hell is a Ruritan? I keep seeing signs for them, where they have adopted local roads and such. Never seen the word before this trip. I picture Scooby and Shaggy dressed as pilgrims.

b) You know what's great about driving a 50cc Honda Ruckus? When one sees a sign that says "Reduced speed ahead", one does not have to do a thing, because one is already doing 35 mph tops.

4) Hey now - NASCAR on the radio. Listen with bated breath as the pit crew changes a driver's tire! Jeff Gordon's car is slightly dented!! Lap 97!!! Burton doesn't stop in the pit!!!!

And people say that NPR is boring..

5) Been on Lee Highway for a loong time. It's nice, because every intersection is now an adverb. Firstly, Kokomoly, Mainly, Periwinkly, Industrial Highwayly, Trailer Parkly.

Sorry Cathy. no Cathy Lee. I looked. For hours.

No comments: