28 July 2006

July 21, 9:50 am, Pleasant Grove, KY

1) I am slightly lost. In the Town of Beattyville (pronounced "Beidle"), home of the Wooly Worm Festival. How do I know? As you approach the city limits, there is a giant sign bragging "Home of the Wooly Worm Festival!".

2) Somebody's been shooting the water towers!

3) Last night, the pastor thought I was British. I don't know what's happening to my accent.

4) Audley Gay is running for County Judge Executive. So it is possible that by this time next year, Kentucky may allow Gay marriages. Is this unusual? Let's ask candidate for Circuit Judge, Mr. Tom Jones.

Just lovely. And by that, I mean Gary Lovely, candidate for sheriff. Although he's running up against a Mr. Short, who has the best signs of all - "ELECT SHORT SHERIFF!"

You gotta love this commonwealth.

5) at the birthplace of Earle B. Combs. Centerfielder for the Yankees 1924-1935, coach for 36-43. Helped NY win 11 pennants and 9 World Series.

Lifetime batting average of .325!

Live from 1899-1976.

Happy late Father's Day, pops.

No comments: