08 August 2006

July 30, 12:32 pm, Saline County, IL

So who wants to bet if I'm lost or not?

Five bucks?

Ha. I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am, which is 14 miles away from where I made my wrong turn (first turn of the morning). All I have to do is go back on 145 South, and hope that along the way I don't get properly lost.

Awful awful sleep last night. I went to bed at ten, but didn't fall asleep until about midnight because an entire family of no-see-ums was in the tent with me.

I finally fell asleep. Next thing I remember, I wake up from a horrible nightmare which just wouldn't stop. I check my cell phone, and it's 5 am, and I wonder if it's worth going back to sleep, and the nightmare starts up again!

And then I wake up for real - for real for real - I check my cell phone and it's only 12:11.

Sometimes I really hate my brain.

No comments: