08 August 2006

July 29, 1:12 pm, Elizabethtown, IL

Stopped in to town, to see if anybody sent any general deliveries. Nada.

So we thought we should do some laundry. We found the laundromat, which had (count 'em) one working washer, two working dryers, and three vending machines (filled with detergent) which did not work at all.

And in the time it took us to discover this, we got swaaddled over by a blanket of oppressive humidity. Oh gosh it's hot.

Some guy just drove past me in a van, filming me as he drove. Wow.

Anyway, I feel too heat-indexed to move, for a while. I met a biker named Ted. Good guy, coming from California, been on the road for two months. That's about it. He also agreed that it's very hot today.

I think I may be melting. This is not a normal amount of sweat. Guhggh..

No comments: