03 August 2006

July 25, 8:30 pm, then 7:30 pm, then 8:31 pm, Hudson, KY

I'm near the Central/Eastern time zone, and my cell phone is acting up. If I stand on one side of this truck it's 7:30 and I have no cell phone reception. On the other side, it's an hour later and I have three bars. Crazy.

Look - I have been trying to keep this plog/blog focused on the trip and not talk about wider concerns. But WTF? I'm pretty disgusted, and I can't hold my hand any longer.

Every president of the United States swears a solemn oath to uphold the Constitution and to protect the American people. Furthermore, the president's policies, and the actions of his Administration, are supposed to be in the best interests of the American people.

Yet this President and his appointees have made it clear time and again that they are serving first the GOP. Now some of you all might say that the interests of the GOP may very well coincide with those of our nation. I can't prove otherwise, and I don't care - because that's beside the point.

You serve the country first, and hope it benefits your party. Not the other way around.

7/24 M.O.K.H.S.P., Bardstown, KY -> 9 hrs drunk sleep, 03576.2

No comments: