08 August 2006

July 28, 9:27 pm, Cave in Rock, IL

It rained all day today. Except the times when I stopped the scooter. Then it would stop raining, long enough for me to decide to start riding again. Then, it would start raining again. My plog is soggy.

Got into Clay, KY, long enough to realize that there is nothing in Clay, KY.

Finally, I pulled into Marion, KY and found a place that could sell me coffee and cigarettes. (I can't believe I didn't plog this - we ran into two cute eastbound biker ladies at the soda fountain in Sebree. These were the first women my-age-ish I've talked to in days (if not weeks), and they did not seem repelled by my road stink. So I think my confidence went up.)

What was I saying... oh yeah, so I go to get some coffee, and chatted it up with a very cute deli attendant. She offered to make me fresh coffee (which offer I declined), so I let her sweet-talk me into buying some goulash.

Now, I had been driving for hours in the rain, and now had to have been standing like directly under an air conditioning vent. I was shivering, and I kept shivering. The cute deli attendant called me, "You poor thing!"

Ladies, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't call someone you are attracted to "you poor thing", right? You shoot flirty eyes at them, or make out with them, or comp them goulash, or something. But you say "you poor thing" to a dog you found on the street. Am I right?

Anyway, I didn't realize any of this until after I got the goulash. And then my confidence plummetted. Somehow, on the way to Utica, Ddogg manages to get himself invited into a pool with three bikini-clad ladies. Me? I meet Princess, the two-legged dog.

Dammit.

The goulash was very good, though.

7/27 First Baptist Church, Sebree, KY -> 11 hrs, 03837.2

No comments: