10 August 2006

August 1, 11:21 pm, Carbondale, IL

Too hot. We stay in the motel for another day.

I forgot to say "Rabbit rabbit" first thing this morning. Actually, I didn't forget to say it so much as I remembered to say it but failed to do so. In fact, I remembered to say it in some dreams last night/this morning. But then my phone went off this morning, when Ddogg and I were both still asleep. I went over and turned it off, and Ddogg said, "What time is it?"

I said, "8:14," as Ddogg went, "Don't answer that question!" as I realized that I only dreamed saying "Rabbit rabbit", and hadn't yet said it in the real world.

Then I threw myself across my giant motel bed and went back to sleep, thoroughly demoralized. But we are setting off again tomorrow morning, and tomorrow is another day!

How's the luck been so far? Not too bad. I locked myself out of the motel room today when Ddogg took Scooty to the shop, but only for about an hour. That's pretty good.

Also, when these two ladies drove by in a convertible and I waved to them, and they circled the Motel 6 parking lot as fast as they could, and I went over to talk to them, and realized to my horror once I got close enough that these were not hot chicks cruising around for cute guys, but were in fact ladies who were my age but appeared to be much older because of the ravaging effects of methamphetamine addiction and they wanted gas money - when this happened, they talked me out of three bucks.

But! They didn't take all my money, or shank me with a homemade knife, or come back later to steal scooty or rip all of his saleable copper out.

And instead of choking on a cherry pit, I only accidentally swallowed it. And the severe heat warning is supposed to lift this morning at 4:00 am. My hope is that the temperature will drop 20 or so degrees in the two hours before the sun reappears.

So things are looking up for yours truly.

And that's pretty good.

7/31 Motel 6, Carbondale, IL, don't know and don't care because I am too hot to care

No comments: