22 August 2007

This is Not 24!

Here we have a formerly-undercover CIA agent and a U.S. Congressman talking about the tv show "24" at a Border Security Conference. As you can imagine, neither the CIA representative nor the actual Representative really knows what he's talking about.

Let's try and picture this scene, blog. First off, cue the beeping.

Split the screen into three boxes - in one, we have Representative Silvestre Reyes (D., TX); in another, Jose Rodriguez (Director, National Clandestine Service). In the last, Kim Bauer is in some kind of distress (let's say that she hid a little girl in some cardboard boxes, but now can't find the girl - so she's panicking).

CHAIRMAN REYES: We have an individual here that... was really the genesis – with a few liberties that Hollywood takes – the exploits of Jose Rodriguez are documented in the series “24.” So he admitted to me that he likes fast cars. I won’t tell you about the women, but I will tell you about the fast cars. (Laughter.) He is a connoisseur of fine wine. I said, well, in my experience, coming out of Camp Fear was I know the difference between Morgan David and Ripple... Please give him a big round of applause.

JOSE RODRIGUEZ: When I said yesterday that I was a little nervous because I was dropping trou – I didn’t mean it in the “24” series sense; I meant it in dropping cover.

Wow. Loves fast cars, may or may not be heterosexual, connoisseur of fine wines, pantsless? That is definitely Jack Bauer they're describing. No doubt about it.

KUH-shunk KIH-shunk, KUH-shunk KIH-shunk.

No comments: