23 August 2007

Stuck Up

Well, I just got back from the police station. It's 4:22am.

I got held up at 11:02pm. I called the police at 11:03. Drove around with an officer until 11:30. Went to the station and and a detective had me look at 500+ mug shots. Couldn't id the suspect.

They let me go at 12:30am. Then I waited for a ride home. While downstairs waiting, the detective came down to say that they maybe caught the guy. So I got into another car and met the paddywagon.

It was the guy. So we went back to the station, so that I could give another statement. All done at 1:00. Waited and waited and waited for a a ride back. The ride dispatcher was very unhelpful.

Called Dave at 3:00, but I think he was already asleep. Should I walk home? I said yes, but kept putting it off. I was only a mile away from home, but now it was very late (and tonight seemed like a bad night, station-traffic-wise). Waited with two other victims of these mugger assholes. The ride dispatcher said he didn't know when we would get a ride, but we never actually saw him radio to anybody or ask any of the cops.

Finally I just walked out. And a nice detective offered me a ride, except that an officer actually drove me home. It took five mintues, tops.

And now, dear blog, that is that.

No comments: